Sunday, February 13, 2011

WEEK FIVE...DAY ONE

DOG + CAT
We begin this week with one of my all time loves...architecture.
I've always admired the structure and design of buildings, studied it in college,
and married an architect.
This is a particular favorite from a series I created back in the 80's
when I first arrived from Manhattan.
This building was originally a veterinarian hospital
but later in became a design house.
It's located on LaBrea in West Hollywood, CA.
 The Great Dane on the roof is too fabulous 
but the reason I loved this building is the bas-relief.
I was a caretaker on a small estate in Massachusetts
and the owners had
this wonderful weimeramer/golden retriever mix dog named Zappa.
Chocolate brown with gold eyes who strutted about like a sexy sailor.
Boy, did I love that animal!
One of the dogs in the stucco looked just like him.
This bold paper piece was one in a series of four hand cut pieces.
I still have one in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment