Saturday, January 15, 2011

WEEK ONE...DAY SEVEN

We made it thru week one! I only lost one entry. Spell check doesn't catch all errors (but let's not sweat the small stuff.) And I'm loving this. My creative juices are stimulated, I love the focus and it's becoming a wonderful forum in a newly forming art community.

My gorgeous friend Adrienne Short sent me this collection of  National Geographic's Photography Contest 2010 - The Big Picture http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/11/national_geographics_photograp.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed5. ...that I just had to share.

And here's the final image for the First Blog Week. The last of the Kid's art and the perfect introduction to our exciting, limitless possibility crammed year of 2011. Picasso once said it takes a lifetime to be a child again. Always strive to be a kid at heart...I swear it's a wonderful wrinkle reducer! There are two little images in this BEE SEEING YOU that are near and dear: the little bee costumes are a reminder of my first starring role - the second lead in a elementary school production where I played Baby Bee (my 3 year older sister Linda was the Queen.) I sang and danced myself into a precious memory of shellacked brown paper bag wings and  black tights that weren't quite long enough for my already spindly legs. And that black cat clock wagged its tail, eyes scanning side to side on our kitchen wall, as my childhood marched along. Being 8 was a very good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment