Monday, January 10, 2011

WEEK ONE...DAY TWO

It may take me a while to figure how this system works. My original idea was to post 7 images for the week with a dialogue about each piece, but on this blog template it seems as if I can only download one at a time. So here is Art Collage Number Two WEALTH,  still in the Eye Series (as will continue this week). Not only did I prepare lentils for New Year's as is a traditonal Italian custom to ensure wealth and prosperity for the coming year, I thought it only appropriate to start this new blog with symbols of success and adundance. This one even has real money in it.
So what was the impetus behind this blogging desire? It may be that I've been afflicated with a lingering cold since Christmas Eve, which has forced me to bed and increased the amount of reading and TV watching above normal. The Tiger by John Vaillant was an amzing true story of a tiger and the history of Russia. Dead End Gene Pool by Wendy Burden was a dark humor written by Cornelius Vanderbilt's great great great grandaughter explaining how 167 billion dollars can trickle down thru the ages annihilating every successive generation. The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell a somewhat informative theory on how things "stick" and become trends, or the effectiveness of word of mouth. The movie Julie and Julia which I had seen before and only watched the last half but was reminded how her blog and cooking and having some continuity in life could be beneficial. But I think the biggest influence has to be Van Gogh's Van Goghs a beautiful photo book I bought in Amsterdam in his museum on my honeymoon  8 years ago. If Vincent's sister-in-law didn't take up the torch left by his brother Theo was passed a mere 6 months after Vincent's death - the world would never know of the existence of this talented if not tormented soul. So the truth is.....I'm lookimng for my Johanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment